QAN 0.65% $6.11 qantas airways limited

Today is classic. Even Scotty from marketing said himself. THis...

1. 7,489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6758
    Today is classic. Even Scotty from marketing said himself. THis is not news, this was all in the national plan. This is retail money. No Insto' is buying on this news, having known this since the national plan was released months ago. Qantas rallies on a known agenda release = retail money.

I've been short the market generally (US Fed/inflation main driver) and have closed some shorts out (including Lufthansa) to short Qantas even more.

Lets have a little look at the biggest airlines overnight. Lufthansa -5% overnight. Ryanair -2%, AirFrance-KLM -8%.

(I might even buy some international airlines given how far down they've come from their 're-open' rallies)

Lets also have a little look at the last decent share of Qantas profits in 2019 Fin Year:

Domestic Qantas $740M EBIT; Jetstar $370M; Qantas Loyalty $374M; International $285M

International the smallest sector. Still no change from any of today's news, all per the national plan, opening 18 December (in NSW at least). I'd suggest Andrews will have to reluctantly allow Melbourne International flights. Flights from NSW on 5 November? Good luck. The only way that might happen is if he concedes both states are so riddled with high cases having opened AGAINST THE ADVICE OF THE DOHERTY REPORT (which requires low cases/hospitalisation and good tracing rates - which NSW and VIC do not have).

Inter-state flights will remain sparse and lucky NSW residents like myself might be able to pop off for a little French ski in February, but its so obvious passenger movements will not be remotely near Joyce's fairy tale narrative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.11
Change
-0.040(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $9.956B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.15 $6.17 $6.10 $37.91M 6.182M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18577 $6.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.13 10461 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.