QAN 0.49% $6.06 qantas airways limited

I agree sentiment can drive this higher over the next month. But...

1. 424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I agree sentiment can drive this higher over the next month. But it's what happens in reality that will ultimately decide where the QAN sp will end up. That reality may or may not be what the market expects, there is risk to the upside but surely risk is tilted towards the downside given every broker has a buy rating on QAN

Personally I just can't see how paying for pcr tests before both legs of a journey (and the hassle of arranging it in both countries), having to do 7 days quarantine at home (if we're lucky), not being able to get insurance for covid, getting vaccine proof, the risk of cancelled flights getting stuck overseas, etc etc, is going to encourage people to travel overseas?? I mean really, visit family/friends yes, but who on earth would go on a holiday overseas under these circumstances?

And that's just for Aussie citizens, as for foreigners/tourists coming to Aus, who knows what happens. Purpose built quarantine facilities are being built but geez can't think of anything more offputting myself, even if it was free. Asian students, yeah they'd be willing to do the quarantine in most cases, since they're staying longer term. And what's an extra $3k when their student fees are already $20k+. But tourists, don't think so

Flying will never be the same again

Anyway, that's the last rant from me, I really hope I'm wrong and that we can back to a somewhat normal life, this Nanny Nation mentality is embarrassing us the world over. Please surprise me Aus, I will happily have sold out of QAN early if it means the country is getting on with it. The next few months will be interesting to say the least and will be make or break for many tourism related businesses (not just airlines). Hopefully the straw that breaks the camels back won't eventuate for most

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
-0.030(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $9.874B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.13 $6.03 $36.94M 6.090M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 64244 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 17434 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.