QAN 0.28% $7.18 qantas airways limited

But I wonder whether the SP increase during September was...

1. 9,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5213
    But I wonder whether the SP increase during September was (maybe?) purely based on nothing but sentiment as people enjoyed the feeling of being let out of their houses and started to dream about where they may fly to.

But then the reality hits home when they realise their politicians have not given back their freedoms (despite saying they have).

And in the place of freedom is "you can now travel overseas, except....."

you have to:

Take a PCR test for each member of your family before you leave the country and pay $150 for each
    Take a PCR test for each family member before you come home and possibly pay up to $500 for each
    Wear masks in the airport despite being fully vaccinated
    Wear masks on the plane despite being fully vaccinated
    Provide to private companies (such as airlines) that you have your 'vaccination papers'
    Provide to government officials that you have your vaccination papers
    Agree to be essentially imprisoned if you test positive or are a close contact of someone who tests positive

I personally think individuals are realising that travel is no longer enjoyable, and people will vote with their feet (and I presume a greater percentage of people will get in their car and drive somewhere).

Finally, I'm a corporate guy. I used to travel non-stop domestic and international. But I haven't taken a business trip in 2 years now. All of my corporate buddies are the same.

Given Qantas was previously so reliant on business customers for big margins (flex tickets, premium economy and business seats as well as contribution to the FF business), I just can't see how anyone sees value in Qantas right now.

I think Alan Joyce has sold the dream (as he should as CEO), but too many retail investors have taken him on face value without looking behind the curtain.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.18
Change
0.020(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $11.22B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.16 $7.34 $7.13 $53.19M 7.352M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 31606 $7.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.20 9396 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.