QAN 0.33% $6.12 qantas airways limited

Will QAN survive?, page-2396

1. 10,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    Completely agree that at some stage, probably sooner than I and others realise, Australians will face a day of financial reckoning.

Many are highly geared individuals unwilling to realise that most of us cannot concurrently have every material item we crave. For instance, I don't have a car, which has saved me a lot of money over the years without overly compromising my lifestyle. That may not be for everyone but it's an example of foregoing one item so one can possess other goods (or services).

While I've not read her comments in detail (so wary of taking out of context), the BEN CEO claimed today that Australians could cope with higher interest rates. Beyond a minor rise, I don't believe that's true.

Mr Lowe is a genial fellow but he and his RBA Board have made major policy mistakes. The s--- is now close to hitting the fan.

Because many QAN (including Jetstar) passsengers are discretionary spenders, airlines will be among companies negatively affected when interest rates rise. The banks have to pay more for some of their funds so rates must increase.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 14/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.12
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.972B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.15 $6.08 $14.00M 2.290M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 68170 $6.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.12 25980 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.