QAN 5.34% $6.71 qantas airways limited

Will QAN survive?, page-3232

1. 7,590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6864
    Yep, Qantas, whilst declaring itself committed to lowering its carbon footprint to net zero in 2050 - I nearly wet myself on reading that one - is actually committing to flying longer distances without stops, directly in contrast to the more efficient flights (based on fuel burned per kilometre) that data shows are those between 3,000 and 5,000km, depending on aircraft type.

Qantas is instead promoting, non-stop, ultra long haul flights that produce more carbon emissions than two shorter journeys with a stop-over and of course use far more fuel then the split journey for all the extra fuel they have to carry - hence they are flying less economy and more premium passengers to cover the higher fuel use per km per passenger.

The crap that appears in the financial press is laughable. Its science. For the new planes Qantas has ordered, it takes about 0.2kg of fuel to transport a kilo of fuel a thousand kilometres. Obviously without a stop off it has to fly a lot more fuel many more thousands of kilometres.

I actually don't think Qantas offering a premium non-stop service a bad business venture. But don't put lipstick on a (gas guzzling, carbon emitting) pig and tell me its not a pig.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.71
Change
0.340(5.34%)
Mkt cap ! $10.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.49 $6.79 $6.48 $141.5M 21.22M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2060 $6.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.72 99248 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.