QAN 1.54% $5.93 qantas airways limited

Will QAN survive?, page-4195

1. 7,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6849
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4499/4499845-a8c7440346b9be59bf402ff825eb8217.jpg

Oh dear, as reported yesterday, the news full of Qantas underperformance.

Again, operationally alone, CEO Joyce should be sacked. Let alone the terrible marketing of Qantas and misleading guidance of late.

Some $2 billion in value wiped from Qantas share price since, Tony75, Hopeful, myself and many others started warning retail investors of the exuberance in stock pricing and b*llsh*t guidance from Qantas just over a month ago (when I personally shorted for the third time recently and successfully on retail exuberence). Unfortunately that mostly drowned out by the feline fool's obsession with shorters - I can only presume he still is from other comments, as I have him on ignore, not that it dissaudes him from ignorantly replying no doubt.

As well as showing himself to be mathmatically inferior to an eight year old, he (in his defence like so many retail investors) fails to grasp that any large stock that is a member of both derivative markets like the ASX200 (and its futures and options) and has derivatives (stock ETO's) on itself, will inevitably have short positions so markets can function orderly (a major 'popular' mistake of exchanges when they ban shorting in knee jerk reactions).

Short selling also plays an important role in the efficiency of capital markets, conferring positive benefits by providing extra liquidity to secondary market trading of securities, improved price and information discovery and liquidity and particualry in the case of Qantas, signalling poor corporate governance, guidance and business practice.

It literally took shorters to flag Nikola's bad practices in the US, before the SEC and DoJ had a clue for example. Whilst retail shareholders may hate shorters, they actually often stop them, en masse, paying ever higher multiples for businesses that are often not what the executives would have you beleive and losing even more money when the business eventually realities come to light - just like Qantas and Nikola.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
0.090(1.54%)
Mkt cap ! $9.662B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.92 $6.03 $5.92 $33.25M 5.584M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 71313 $5.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 10016 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.