QAN 0.80% $7.42 qantas airways limited

Will QAN survive?, page-534

1. 738 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 233
    Australia's international travel ban has been extended from March 17 to June 17. When considering how much Australia has put into keeping clean of covid I imagine that it'll be extended again beyond that. There would be an uproar, particularly among Victorians, if Australia decides to let anybody in our country so easily and so soon.

https://7news.com.au/travel/australias-international-travel-ban-extended-by-another-three-months-c-2272444

On top of the tremendous amount of losses that $QAN suffers under current conditions, Jobkeeper ends later this month. I can only imagine how staggering this current half of losses will be when announced later this year.

Add to that rising oil prices and general inflation of costs all around plus credit markets showing rising yields on both US and Australian bonds, which will translate to higher interest rates before too long.

With all of this in mind it's amazing that the current enterprise value of Qantas is higher than pre-Covid. Qantas trading at anything above half of its current levels is just another example of how much of a bubble equity markets are currently in. This would have to be the most obviously overvalued stock on the ASX at these levels.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.