QAN 0.79% $6.37 qantas airways limited

Will QAN survive?, page-6133

1. 3,770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 341
    $4 is a bit low, but then again QAN is a stock which suffers from bipolar disorder. It hits the highs only to plummet into the lows. It is a great stock to trade if you know its intricate movements and you can keep a close eye on the oil price, so it's a classic example of down by the elevator, up by the stairs.
    When borders reopened and interest rates started going up in 2022, QAN fell to about $4.25 before rebounding nicely.
    When Strong was in charge, he struggled to get the price above $5.40, whereas Joyce got it $2 higher, and even a lot lower when he grounded the airline in 2011, exactly 12 years ago. If only I could get it for $1 again!!! It closed today at exactly the price it was in December 2021 just before Omicron was identified as a "variant of concern."
    So, as you ask aptly, could it do it again? Back to $4? As I said, my motivation for selling was mainly based on a rising oil price and unresolved legal cases pending. As long as they persist, I can only see downward pressure on the price. But when the dust settles and the damage is done..... Oh baby!
    Today, it tried a rebound but it fizzled quickly indicating downward pressure on the price is still excessive. An enormous concern is if the Federal Court finds Qantas guilty of wittingly selling tickets for cancelled flights during that recovery period. Heads will roll! They could go for tens of thousands of dollars per offence they find. The ACCC wants $600M, unlikely to occur, but still the negative press is still there.
    Fortune favours the brave, and for the patient, QAN can really deliver nice profit as it has done for me over the last decade.

There's an old saying, "The stock market is a place where impatient investors hand their money over to the patient."... And boy have I been patient.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.37
Change
0.050(0.79%)
Mkt cap ! $10.37B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.32 $6.42 $6.18 $42.84M 6.778M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2500 $6.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.39 48823 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.