QAN 0.43% $7.00 qantas airways limited

Tony, you were right, but to a point. You had all the right...

1. 3,823 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 343
    Tony, you were right, but to a point. You had all the right outcomes, but for the wrong reasons.
    As a disclosure, I've sold all my holdings, some of it higher up around $6.40. I didn't get every trade right, but I didn't make a loss, and that's the main aspect now.
    You stated, and actually again in your last post, that the whole "equity bubble" as you term it will come down sooner or later. I do get where you're coming from, but this has been talk for quite a number of years. After each "black swan" event, equity markets usually always recover because bargain hunters swoop in from everywhere. The dot.bomb, WFC, COVID to name a few.
    As for Qantas, yes the fear of global recession and Capex are an issue, but if you look at the substantial drop from $6 to now, it was the ACCC investigation coupled with a rising oil price that is continuing to put downward pressure on the price. The market shrugged off the CAPEX issue in the last QAN results. What it fears now, is the negative sentiment against the brand, and what capital outflows it could suffer along with falling revenue. As long as that continues, it will continue to drop, and other factors could accelerate that drop like further interest rate rises and a falling AUD.
    But, as I've found again and again, it oversells and drops to bargain prices. That day will swing by again while I wait patiently in a cash account with higher interest than the bird-seed rates we endured for years.

Good weekend to you and all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.