QAN 0.16% $6.21 qantas airways limited

Will QAN survive?, page-950

1. 3,662 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    Coming to Hotcopper for investment advice is like going to a divorcee support group for marriage advice. This is supposed to be a debate platform for stocks and general investing, so be careful about getting investment advice. Do more research over the coming weeks.
    You'll read a lot of views here, and there are a whole lot of "maybe" factors thrown in, like continued lockdowns, interest rates, oil prices, economic recovery and so forth.
    So, perhaps I should throw in why I am investing in QAN. For me, it's a no-brainer. QAN will recover from this pandemic as will Australia, but I do agree that life will be very different on the other side of this. I should tell you that I hold the stock and have been trading it for about 20 years. The last time I sold out was in late 2019 at $6.02. I got back at about $3.60 but have been topping up.
    QAN will be a leaner operation, and when borders do finally open, as one investment fund manager stated, travel stocks will be like a coiled spring released as millions are let loose from their locked down prisons.
    As a test case, watch the UK carefully as today it celebrates "freedom day" and all restrictions are lifted. Perhaps it is too early as infection rates remain high, but their vaccine rollout is much, much better than Australia's, and Morrison is tipped to be ousted next election based on this bungle alone.
    Ryan Air has reported its servers have crashed as Brits book to get out and explore Europe in coming months. Biden is poised to make a decision very shortly on reopening mainland US and Europe again for trans-Atlantic travel. Australia has to hurry up before it wakes up and realises that the Delta variant has rendered the big island to become Gilead, the fictional dystopia in The Handmaid's Tale.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.21
Change
-0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $10.11B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.27 $6.18 $23.05M 3.707M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16518 $6.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 1478 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.