QAN 0.16% $6.21 qantas airways limited

thanks for your response. much of the reasons you have suggested...

1. 731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    thanks for your response. much of the reasons you have suggested are on my list of pro's. is the con's list i would like to analyse better because we typically all prefer to be bulls on all the stocks we hold otherwise why would we hold them?

for example, i know QAN makes most of it's money domestically but is there going to be a bigger hole because intl flights dont recommence as soon as we'd hope? obviously the nsw lockdown and current snap vic lock down are bad for business but has this been factored in?

From the May 20 update: "The Group is on track to reach 95 per cent of its pre-COVID domestic capacity for the fourth quarter of FY21.
    Qantas and Jetstar expect to average 107 and 120 per cent respectively of their pre-COVID domestic capacity in FY22."

Is 95% capacity really realistic? we seem a far far way from it, (and 107% & 120%) given the current circumstances in our 2 major cities. the slow vaccine rollout may also slow down the opening of international routes.

cost cutting appears to mainly be in the form of staff reductions. what effect will this have on revenues?

not trying to be a bear, just trying to understand the flip side.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.21
Change
-0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $10.11B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.27 $6.18 $23.05M 3.707M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16518 $6.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 1478 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.