QAN 0.43% $7.00 qantas airways limited

Looks like majority of Australian Media is talking down Qantas...

1. 160 Posts.
    Looks like majority of Australian Media is talking down Qantas and none of them ever confronted the union with such question like what will the union do if Qantas International is really running on loss? I am sure that the union leader cannot answer that question.

Qantas is cutting around 1000 jobs while other company in retailer sector and others is cutting like more than 1000 jobs and the media keep scrutinizing the bad move of Qantas management.

IMO, I think majority of the public have taken it into the wrong perspective due to the media. The management did not say that they are going to move Qantas to Asia indeed they are creating a news subs a.k.a new company just like virgin does. Virgin "Australia" ? Qantas "Asia"? Whats the difference? Virgin "America"? Virgin "Atlantic Airways"? They all held their parent company name "Virgin".

If you really listen to what Joyce said its "Qantas Group" not "Qantas Airways" just like "Virgin Group" they are allowed to diversify their investment using their parent company name just like virgin.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.