will she go quietly?, page-28

1. 47,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    seer

Re your post which included;
    "Will the PM go quietly ? I dont think so ..."

As so apparent on HC atm the hounds are baying & the wolves are howling while some reckon the sharks are circling with the smell of Julia Gillard's blood in their nostrils.

FWIW I think she'll try to ride it out until after the May budget & the delivery of tax cuts to small business & mainstream Australians.

If her situation doesn't improve once that happens it will be apparent even to those who installed her as leader that the coup was ill-conceived. Gillard will know that moment, just as she knew the right moment to challenge Kevin Rudd.

If Rudd really does have his hat in the ring he stands to gain more by waiting patiently than being pre-emptive.

My best guess is that Rudd will return as PM when Gillard 'voluntarily stands aside', either John Faulkner or Stephen Smith will become Deputy PM & Penny Wong, Treasurer.

Bob Katter will back Rudd, as will all the Indis, but on the basis of no election until late 2013.

By then Malcolm Turnbull will have replaced Tony Abbott as Opposition Leader & the main issue before the people will be Australia's path to becoming a sovereign nation with a new constitution & a directly elected 'President'.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.