APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

josu7 - you're confounding completely different issues in this...

1. 654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    josu7 - you're confounding completely different issues in this from tax rates to tax take to government expenditure. Personally I think 52% is obscene and no country or entity should take more of one's income than the individual producing it.

Australia has a social compact that its citizens appear to be ok with whether it be high quality of life / high tax tradeoff with substantial Government expenditure in areas of Social Security and Welfare, Health and Education.

How it is 52% though whilst citizens have to save their own Super, Public Transport is fairly basic and Defence spend is only at 6.5% of expenditure and less than 2% of GDP is beyond me though. All whilst sitting on one of the greatest accumulation of natural resources in the world.

Australia has a tax and spend problem not necessarily a corporation tax levee problem. But then I'm in Singapore where the local citizen average household tax level is between 0-1% and where the tax rate progressively tops out at 21% but then we have to save our own pension, pay our own healthcare, buy our own housing and get by without unemployment benefit.

KM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.