supply and demand....Supply is getting harder and more expensive...

1. 1,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 194
    supply and demand....

Supply is getting harder and more expensive to build, find trades, low market volume for selling due to fears a better deal is around the corner.

Demand, FOMO, first home grants, removal of stamp duty tax are all government incentives to help people into the market and ultimately making things worse for price increases

My personal thoughts are demand will only get higher and will only change when we see laws for investment properties change (taxes increase), change in foreign ownership (lower AUD won't help first home buyers get in), increase rates may slow things but not too much IMHO. I don't see a more stable or safe investment at this stage

I'm at the stage where I am refinancing to buy a couple of investment properties, is it a good time? no, not at all. Prices are super high, low volume coming on the market and yes I see some immediate capital growth but not in the 3-10yr period afterwards. I'm comfortable with the level of debt of going with and factor in some rates rises I won't be selling anytime soon.

I fear the biggest change to our property market will come from the demand side. A change in foreign ownership or war will really smash our market

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.