CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

I do not view CPL as a low cost producer. You need to look at...

1. 466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    I do not view CPL as a low cost producer. You need to look at the kal value of what is being produced. CPL are not up there.

There has been plenty of analysis of CPL lately, the result of which is some 13m open short positions.

If your view is that long term the demand for thermal coal is not going to be met then you have a story which will amount to maybe 1.5b saleable tonnes given yields. or 125 years at current production rates.

What concerns me is the kal value and the almost total lack of institutional sharholders. I would class Lion as a promoter. Price down 60% has not attracted one institutional shareholder notice.

Hoplefully the 100 plus years of production will appeal to a jv partner and if it does the shorts will get squeezed loike a pimple. Many shorters seem to be wagering that no JV partner has been found.

As for the company attributing the fall in part to the shorters is self serving in the extreme. Shorters pick their targets as if they wrongly short a strong company they stand to get fried.

Good luck all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.