EMR 0.82% $3.68 emerald resources nl

Will this affect EMR? Cambodia and China.

1. 5,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3798
    Not sure if this will have any effect on EMR, either in the short term, or long term.

But the Australian government is now ramping up it's efforts to convince Cambodia of their folly in letting China build a military base in the country.

The problem is, China has effectively given Cambodia billions of dollars in aid, and the Cambodians can't pay it back, so the subtle pressure comes from China to allow them to build a military base in return for not having to repay the loans.

This is how China works now.

This is what they have tried to do in Vanuatu and other Pacific Island nations. Many of these Pacific Islands nations contacted Australia when this happened, and as I believe it, Australian has pumped up the aid to most of these nations so they can pay back the Chinese loans rather than allow China to build military bases right throughout the Pacific. Australia is backed up by the USA with these additional funds to Pacific Island nations.

The military march of China seems unstoppable.

They will take Hong Kong, and then Taiwan. They have taken Tibet and the islands of the South China Sea. They have given billions to the Philippines, who now won't question the Chinese expansion into the South China Sea. They are moving south into Cambodia, because they are fighting over borders with Vietnam. If I was Mongolia I would also be nervous, especially because of their mineral and oil/gas deposits, which the Chinese want. To the south they are also fighting with India over Doklam, where there is a military standoff.

China is on the march.

And the world has seen all of this before, some 80 years ago in Europe.

Will North Korea become the Italy of Mussolini in a North Asia pact?

Personally, I would like to see EMR also pick up another gold project, one in Australia or Canada, to help mitigate the potential sovereign risk, though I am not sure how great the sovereign risk is. I'm sure the directors would play it down.

https://www.watoday.com.au/politics...er-chinese-military-base-20190726-p52b4g.html

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.