AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

Dufrane, possibly the most practical way to look for your answer...

1. 719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 532
    Dufrane, possibly the most practical way to look for your answer would be to look closely at the Gold Ridge Gold deposit and mine located on Guadacanal.
    It is massive high grade deposit, has been operated, and forced to shut down, by numerous operators most of whom went broke doing so. It has been repeatedly vandalised by local indigenous after having been forced to close on numerous ocassions. Each time the mine has been totally recommissioned and brought back into production, only to experience a repeat of the vandalising forced closure cycle.
    Repetitive National governments have done nothing to assist any of the incoming operators to keep the mine in production by controlling the local interference. Most of the now defunct operators have been ASX listed companys who went in with gold coloured glasses but no experience in operating in SI.
    At the beginning of ‘90’s the SI govt considered nationalising the project but determined that the local objections would continue regardless of who operated Gold Ridge. So one has to seriously ask the question, “Does the SI govt seriously care about national revenue and jobs”?
    These same local landholder issues have hindered or stopped many diverse and significant national projects from developing.
    Will it change under this govt? Probably not.
    Why? Because of how the complex social landowning structure functions under a matriachial system.
    Further no S Islander wants to see their pristine lands and waters damaged.
    As long as foriegn aid remains at existing levels they can and will just survive.
    In the meantime they will as they have in the past, continue to milk company’s like Axiom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.