Will this be our first openly gay PM?

1. 18,561 Posts.
    I certainly would not be surprised. A major coup for the Liberals to get Tim Wilson preselected for the rock solid seat of Goldstein.

From The Age:

Former human rights commissioner Tim Wilson has gambled his $400,000 a year job to punt on a career in Canberra, and won pre-selection in the safe Liberal seat of Goldstein.
    Mr Wilson beat Georgina Downer, the daughter of former foreign minister Alexander Downer, and local favourite, Denis Dragovic, during pre-selection in Melbourne on Saturday afternoon.
    Ms Downer was eliminated after the first round of voting, leaving Mr Wilson and Mr Dragovic.

Georgina Downer, daughter of Alexander Downer, was eliminated after the first round of voting.
    Mr Wilson won a close head-to-head vote by just two votes.
    "I have never been so humbled in my life," Mr Wilson said after winning the candidacy. "To carry the trust, and to represent the values of the people of Goldstein, is very humbling."
    Goldstein is one of the jewels in the Victorian crown for the Liberal Party,  centred around the city's well-heeled Bayside suburbs of Brighton and Sandringham.
    Goldstein has been held by the Liberals since it was founded in 1984, and all three of its past members - Ian Macphee, David Kemp and outgoing trade minister Andrew Robb -  have been cabinet ministers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.