PEN 0.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

Jfe, You maybe right, but think like a politician. He doesn't...

1. 606 Posts.
    Jfe,

You maybe right, but think like a politician.

He doesn't believe in Climate Change (a debate I'll stay out of), but believes in Nuclear.

As a pragmatist, what's the issue with saying "ok, ok...I'll accept risk that CC 'could' be catastrophic and as such increase nuclear power to offset all those emissions cheaply"?

Now I'm not saying at all that's what will happen or he'll be successful, as a lot of inertia has to be overcome to get USA on the nuclear trail again...but I'd surmise that's the logic internally.

Ie: "others are ramping up nuclear, but we (liberal) America are scaling it back. Wtf. That can't happen. US can't lose that race to China too."

Personally, I think nuke's have too much political baggage now and easy to scare the population...so I see it as a tough gig.

But I honestly think trump and co will try and reverse this trend and argue the technology (nuclear) is a bridge to truly cheap, renewable energy. The sentiment certainty won't hurt the cause - but pulling it off WILL need 8 years in the White House AND political will.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $392.0K 3.782M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
105 9779010 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 3679748 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.