BBP 0.00% 9.5¢ babcock & brown power

will this one move off , page-8

1. 47 Posts.
    I think BBP’s asset is definitely a lot more attractive now than 6 months back as this business can generate great yields than the current loan deposit. If the buyers (e.g. Retirement Funds) can buy the business with cash they can generate about 10% perpetual income for pretty much the rest of their lives (est $300 EBIT over $3B in capital) and this can only go higher as I believe energy cost is only to be higher as time goes by making the assets even more valuable.

The replacement value of these assets (that is to build from scratch) is very expensive and given the increase usage of energy due to increase in population and lifestyle more is required to be built on top of our existing power plants.

I belief the asset itself is worth more than the current market capital and when you add the Alinta NTA it should be even more. It’s a shame that BBP is overloaded with debt and is a distress seller, if this wasn’t the case I would expect BBP to be a lot higher like their respective counterparts ORG and AGK.

Bids are expected to announce this quarter, and I have no doubt the potential buyers having this same though as me. This is a very good opportunity to purchase BBP’s asset at basement prices. Looking for 30-40 cents, GL all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.