SYN 0.00% 0.1¢ synergia energy ltd

will this turn around soon, page-26

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    It's pretty simple really. You don't need to go to uni and study valuation models to understand that an explorer who makes a hit in the oil industry will end up at multiples of its current price. Only once its risen is it then important to value the projects accurately if you intend in continuing your investment.

As for charting, with stocks like OEX that have relatively low volumes and can at times be quite gappy, it is easy to manipulate the shareprice and therefore affect the ability to accurately predict based on charts. Outside influences can also have an effect. I can guarantee that if the DOW fell 1000 points tomorow that OEX would fall through any charting indicators that may have been set. Why? Because a generic outside influence has affected the market, not anything to do woth the companies fundamental appeal.

I am not syaing charts cannot be effective, they certainly can, as they make you stick to rules that you follow in your investment strategy. But the same can be said for following strict rules using any investment strategy. I, for one, invest predominantly on fundamentals. I hardly ever average down, always buy on further rises confirming confidence, and I track management performance. Any consistently bad decisions, or seeming favouritism whether it be placements or otherwise and I move on.

There are many ways to skin a cat. Where OEX are now, they will not be hitting 40c. That's almost a guarantee.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.