AVL 6.67% 1.6¢ australian vanadium limited

will today be the the day for vanadium upgrade, page-32

1. 1,263 Posts.
    plough, glad you are excited mate, but I hope you are not basing your assesment on that statement about "order of magnitude" as it does not mean "doubling" or anything of the sort. My performance in both Calculus and Applicable maths was far from flash, so I am by no means an expert.

From memory that statement was mentioned in the last update and was in reference to the Hanging Wall discovery and not the total drilling campaign. I believe it said something along the lines of the Hanging Wall discovery leading to a change in the "order of magnitude" of the tonnage. Logic alone would suggest that if that statement was in reference to the hanging wall only then it definately will not be "that" significant. People often misquote phrases and use them out of context, and "order of magnitude" is a common one for that.

The most important thing is not the actual definition, but what the company meant having said it.

All I believe this means, is that the discovery of the hanging wall has pushed the resource into the hunderds of millions. The change from 90 odd Millions tonnes to something upwards of 100 Million tonnes, is a change from a multiple of 10 to a multiple 100, hence change in order of magnitude.

In fact, a change as little as 10% could still hold that statement valid, if my understanding is correct. Of course I could be wrong and it wouldnt be the first time either.

If they had said the resource has changed BY an order of magnitude then it would be time to get really excited as we would be pushing billions of tonnes BUT they didnt....

Id be disappointed if we didnt see 120MT+ at the same grades. It would be really interesting to see what sort of numbers they could pull out if they dropped the cut-off grades to the similar levels as our peers.

I personally think its a winner....but what would I know, Ive dropped 10's of thousands of $$ on this crew to date............in fact, come to thik of it, that could easily change in order of magnitude as well.

Good luck anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $137.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.3¢ $281.3K 19.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1315664 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 12056134 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.