LYC 2.56% $6.10 lynas rare earths limited

will tol-suspension be removed on 8th?, page-14

1. 79 Posts.
    Hi col: I agree, if you play this short term, the general trend can be pretty predictable. i guess it comes down to investment style. i'm a bit of a control freak and want to know down to a small detail that things are under control and relatively safe. in this case i underestimated the resolve of SMSL and the lack of political will on behalf of the ruling party to just get this through. i like to just buy into good companies and hold until they grow. in this case, i don't think anyone would dispute that LYC has potential but its seriously getting risky in terms of LT holding due to this ongoing process. its all an experience though and in the future i will be more careful when it comes to political uncertainty etc etc .. especially having anything to do with malaysia and a few other countries i can think of.

Hi RVR: I agree it depends on whether we can actually use the TOL. I'm not holding my breath though. again, I try to plan for the worst. the worse case scenario i can think of atm is complete rejectiong of LYC and needing to start from scratch. if that happens, NC and co will probably just jump before being pushed and we'll be left holding the pieces. otherwise, if we win the court case but the TOL is ineffectual, then we will be in for a long fight (ie: long bleed). at that stage we will need to consider whether it is worth staying or just cut losses and make it up somewhere else. of course, i fervently hope that SMSL will just go away or the PM of malaysia or attorney general or something/someone can just push this through. but I doubt he will do that considering an election coming up. again, just thinking about 'scorched earth' scenario. really, it doesn't matter that we got everything ready to go (ie: worked out all the chemistry, build the plant etc etc etc) if the plant can't be started up and had to be sold in a firesale, who knows how much we can get back out of it. point is, there isn't a lot of certainty / numbers to calculate with to see where we might be standing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
-0.160(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $5.701B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.14 $6.16 $6.02 $31.69M 5.119M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23252 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 23221 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.