UGL 0.00% $3.71 ugl limited

will ugl buy-out downer??

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Well confirmation came through this morning that Downer Engineering (DOW) have shot themselves in both feet by mucking-up the tender on their main project. 5 months ago DOW's SP was north of $9.00 but rumours began circulating their Waratah contract was burning cash. All has been revealed and DOW's SP dived to hit $5.00!!
    Australia only has 2 big players in the train/railway industry... UGL and DOW. UGL have outperformed DOW for several years and their 'risk-adverse' methodology and rigid cost analysis has seen this company blossom even during the GFC. My query is: Will UGL now seize the moment to make an opportunistic bid for DOW at say $7.00? Doing so would remove UGL's only serious competitor and I doubt the ACCC will pee-their-pants as there is nothing stopping overseas builders of locomotives, train carriages, railway lines etc from tendering for contracts here in Oz. I hope Richard Leupen and the UGL team have a good hard look at what might prove to be a masterstroke that establishes UGL's superiority in all things rail for many years to come??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UGL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.