UGL 0.00% $3.71 ugl limited

Well confirmation came through this morning that Downer...

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Well confirmation came through this morning that Downer Engineering (DOW) have shot themselves in both feet by mucking-up the tender on their main project. 5 months ago DOW's SP was north of $9.00 but rumours began circulating their Waratah contract was burning cash. All has been revealed and DOW's SP dived to hit $5.00!!
    Australia only has 2 big players in the train/railway industry... UGL and DOW. UGL have outperformed DOW for several years and their 'risk-adverse' methodology and rigid cost analysis has seen this company blossom even during the GFC. My query is: Will UGL now seize the moment to make an opportunistic bid for DOW at say $7.00? Doing so would remove UGL's only serious competitor and I doubt the ACCC will pee-their-pants as there is nothing stopping overseas builders of locomotives, train carriages, railway lines etc from tendering for contracts here in Oz. I hope Richard Leupen and the UGL team have a good hard look at what might prove to be a masterstroke that establishes UGL's superiority in all things rail for many years to come??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UGL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.