It's a very intetesting subject this one, and one that will need...

1. 186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    It's a very intetesting subject this one, and one that will need alot more discussion as the years go on.

I'm 50/50 on it and really wonder what solution we (our governments, economists) will come to.

I'm extremely concerned about our future and what impact robots and A.I. will have on the world.
    Yes, there will be less jobs for people, no matter how you look at it, so what do we do?

Do we want 20, 30, 40% unemployment rates forever?

Is it such a bad thing if we have a system where we just say, here you go, there's enough to feed your family and have a roof over your head without the demonisation of being a 'dole bludger' or forcing people to look for jobs that aren't there or do training courses that will lead to nothing?

If people want more money they try to get a job. If they dont want more money then good on them, that's their choice.

Some people will chose to work less hours as a result and this will free-up work positions for the people who do want to increase the money they receive.
    this may be a positive as it could possibly bridge the divide between rich and poor to an extent.

Sure, alot of people will take advantage of it, but isn't that the case already? As it is now, it will still be the people who strive to work hard that get well ahead in life.

Like I say, I'm 50/50, I need to educate myself more and I know very little about the true 'ins and outs' of this system, but whatever our solution will be, it won't come without a massive shift in thinking.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.