Diligent,"And I will resist in mentioning the teacher who...

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Diligent,

"And I will resist in mentioning the teacher who insisted on ringing me at home three hours BEFORE I left work and the same number of hours AFTER he had left school."

Oh, so it's a jealousy thing is it?

What is it you want Diligent, for everyone to work 13 hour days like you? I can only imagine what would happen to the unemployment figures.

I'm not a teacher and can't really understand why anyone would want to put themselves through a 4 year degree to attempt to, in a lot of cases, teach selfish, irreverent children who have no respect for teachers, parents or any adult for that matter. I am aware that the majority of children are not like this, by the way, but being unable to effectively dicipline the troublesome children means that teachers have little control over the class. Teaching has become the default career for those that don't get into their first or second degree choices, as can be attested to by the dwindling OP score required for admittance and the dissatisfaction of the teachers working in a field they aren't really cut out for.

The education system and lack of dicipline in the home is to blame for the drop in standards, not the teachers IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.