BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

What CPG referring to (the Hong Kong breakthrough)is that the...

1. TJW
    716 Posts.
    What CPG referring to (the Hong Kong breakthrough)is that the Relenza cocktail will increase the survival rate as compare to Tamiflu. The low survival rate for bird flu is pretty low, down the 10 to 30 % range, Tamiflu since may only lifts it the survival rate slightly, since possibly below 50 %. The relenza cocktail targets both the cytokine storm as well as reducing flu particle numbers in the body. Its the cytokine storm stemming from birdflu that is the killer.

Hope this point is clear in our minds.

So ask yourself the question, if Tamiflu already is not that effective and now that resistence make the problem worse for Tamiflu. Are the governments ordering for pandemic preparation still going to stockpile a product that has questionable benefits?

Going back to the nature article. This just to confirm that the original design of relenza was the correct approach, as the molecule does not need to be twisted to fit into the neuramidase cavity. Its this excellence of fit that avoided mutant strains from being resistant to it. This is unlike Tamiflu, that needs molecular rearrangement to fit the cavity. Apparently, the mutants are stopping the Tamiflu molecular rearrangement.

I think I confused everone now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.