ACN 0.00% 28.5¢ acer energy limited

wilson htm, page-15

1. 231 Posts.
    The problem I see at the moment, is while sxy looks like a potential white knight, it's actions aren't exactly matching. It has over 5% and could have made a bid prior to now and prior to the dls bid. This would have either a)sewn up the 18% in Rim and given them a larger holding than DlS and block and or b) forced DLS to come over the top to get the RIM shares and ensure a decent premium to the shares SXY already has. So a big win, or little win situation.

As it stands, they lost that parcel (which I also find odd that RIM didn't state that they would sell the shares to a higher bid, subject to an even higher bid...)

and are buying little bits on market at 28.5+ anyhow. So in the end, sxy will likely have a blocking share, but it will more realistically be a "partner" share, imo.

as Trader pointed out, at some point DLS offer will expire and they can then start acquiring any remaining shares to get over 50.1% and effectively control the company to the effect of cleaning it up down the road.

I just think sxy may have made a critical mistake if they are serious about taking over ACN, which would be surprising, therefore are they purely interested in keeping it in play.

So what would be the benefit of keeping it in play, even to the point dls and sxy are the only holders with sxy being a minor holder.

Is there a potential for acn to being a trigger for a takeover/merger with DLS? Just trying to get my head around the actions, or inactions of SXY in light of their purchasing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.