NAN 2.80% $3.13 nanosonics limited

Just a quick update on NAN's patent application for an...

1. 434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 232
    Just a quick update on NAN's patent application for an autonomous disinfectant system for room disinfection.

As posted on 18/1/18, NAN's application in the WIPO jurisdiction was filed on 28/4/17 and published on 2/11/17.

A simultaneous patent application was also made on 28/4/17 in the European jurisdiction, and I just noticed that a bit over a week ago on 6/3/19 the European patent was finally published.

So, if this room disinfection process is the nucleus of one of NAN's new disinfection products, it would seem that all the patent protection bases are now covered.

On a related theme, as a poster on another site has recently suggested, if NAN is going to roll out a new disinfection product before the end of FY 2020 (ie within the next 15 months) you would expect some really sustained pre-marketing activity to be taking place in the preceding 6 to 9 months, which means that the detailed nature of the new product might simply leak out from third parties long before the commercial release date.

It therefore seems to make sense (to me anyway) for NAN to circumvent that risk and create its own head of steam and general anticipation for the new product by announcing the new product details at the AGM in November. This is likely to be no more (and possibly somewhat less) than 7 months before the planned commercial release date.

zeno9

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.13
Change
-0.090(2.80%)
Mkt cap ! $948.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.26 $3.28 $3.10 $5.126M 1.617M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19680 $3.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.14 2798 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.