APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

Thanks Humms, I found it most interesting and noted (extracted...

1. 128 Posts.
    Thanks Humms,
    I found it most interesting and noted (extracted underneath) that the Titatium is too fine to be processed. That was before APG , who owns it, demonstrated thheir process. Also of note is that AZC is supposed to fund the BFS which will cost them $4mil and take 2 years. Financially AZC does not look too healthy and is losing controlling interest.How this will affect APG I wouldn't know. FERGUSG would probably have some idea.
    Anyway it was worth reading and passed some time which I would have otherwise wasted. ( I've got nothing better to do.

May the Force be with you

The Prefeasibility Study showed that the deposit could be mined using similar techniques to
    those currently in use at the Mindarie Mine and that a processing plant could be constructed
    to produce Zircon, HiTi, Ilmenite and Monazite products using existing equipment with
    acceptable recovery rates. The project has a number of factors that have not been resolved
    to a sufficient level to confirm the economic viability of the project. These factors are:
    • The extremely fine grained nature of the titanium minerals makes them unsuitable for
    use in existing Titanium plants. Agglomeration methods have not been sufficiently
    investigated to enable these products to be considered as marketable.
    • High levels of radiation in the primary ore, mainly due to the presence of monazite,
    may trigger problems because of the Victorian Governments’ radiation legislation.
    This will affect the transportation of any high level radiation products.
    • There is currently no guaranteed secure water supply with sufficient capacity for the
    projects requirements. Saline ground water may be a possible source of water, but
    this has not been investigated.
    • The fine grained zircon has a higher than currently acceptable U + Th level. The level
    has been estimated at 1045ppm U + Th while the generally accepted level is
    500ppm. Studies are necessary to determine the best method of reducing the U + Th
    level to an acceptable figure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.