CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

wind energy health side effects???

1. 478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    hmm interesting health side effect from wind renewable

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/45730.html

Wind inquiry
    The Senate Inquiry into the community impacts of wind farms took a day trip to Ballarat to hear directly from locals who say turbines from wind farms near their properties have affected their health, as well as property values and wildlife. As reported (and there's an audio report, too) by the ABC's Margaret Burin, the hearing started with testimony from former Waubra residents who told the Inquiry they had moved to Ballarat because wind turbines had made them sick.
    "An emotional Carl and Samantha Stepnell both broke down as they told the Senate committee that symptoms such as headaches, ear pressure, nausea and sleep deprivation started when Waubra Wind Farm began operating," reports Burin. "Carl Stepnell told the Inquiry that he believed the turbines had decreased the value of their property: "I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it. I can't imagine me wanting to sell it to anyone," he said. "Without any scientific backup, I think the noise that affects your health is the noise that you can't hear."
    The alleged effects of "the noise you can't hear" – without scientific back-up – is one of the thorniest issues facing wind companies in this Inquiry. Certainly, Family First Senator Steven Fielding, who is driving the Inquiry, is very concerned about 'wind power syndrome'. Dr Nina Pierpont, a paediatrician told the Inquiry last week that governments and companies involved in establishing wind farms within two kilometres of houses were guilty of "gross clinical harm".
    According to Carbon + Environment Daily, Pierpont's research is based on telephone interviews with 10 families who had lived within 350 metres to 1.5 kilometres of wind turbines – nine of which had moved out of their homes before she interviewed them. Pierpont's study identifies "core symptoms" that she attributes to exposure to low-frequency noise from wind turbines, including sleep disturbance, headaches, hearing problems and "a new type of internal or visceral sensation."
    One interviewee described a sensation of "energy coming within me … like being cooked alive in a microwave", while another "could not follow recipes, the plots of TV shows, or furniture assembly instructions during exposure". Pierpont's results have not been published in a peer-reviewed journal – and are not backed by the NHMRC, Australia's main health advisory body, or the WHO, who have both stated they have found no scientific or "reliable" evidence linking wind turbines to adverse health effects.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.