Wind turbines Epic Fail, page-122

1. 1,306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42

According to the COAG white paper on Hydrogen (emminent scientists including Alan Finkel) hydrogen can be used as a replacement for coal to power electricity generators making all this discussion about wind and solar IMO largely redundant as hydrogen will be despatchable power similar to coal. CSIRO has developed a separator for hydrongen and converted into liquid hydrogen will be a fuel source with O as a by product.

As an aside , a report on wind power I came across recently: the current increase in the world's electricity use is around 3%.

to have wind power cover this increase annually , there would need to be 220,000 wind turbines that would cover a land area the size of Russia, this is an annual increase.

USA ,I was on a bus 2 years ago in New Orleans having a conversation with  a gentleman in the next seat, he is an engineer at a nuclear power plant on the east coast, he mentioned that he was there 32 years ago when they commissioned it and was now decommissioning same, I asked why , he said nuclear can't compete now with fracked gas !!!!!! and we locked up our opportunity to get this gas.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.