LYC 2.36% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

Yet another post on how great things may be in the distant...

1. 7,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    Yet another post on how great things may be in the distant future. A future than can have many changes in just a few years.

Still no explanation of why someone should buy any stock that has a very high probability of going down in the next 6 ~12 months, because the future may be great.

A company that has seen their major product Drop from 1100 RMB to 374 RMB in 2 years. -66%. Yes it has moved up in last month from 361 RMB to 374 RMB but even 24 months at this rate will not result in a Reasonable PE of 20. The ASX 200 average PE is 19..68 most of the stocks pay dividends which raises their PEs

We are promised higher production. Not every thing makes sense with that promise. In Q3 we were told that Lynas would be moving production into inventory because of low prices, sell it at higher prices. Then in Q3 NdPr production fell from Q3 1724 T to Q4 1504. According to AL they pulled a couple 100T out of inventory to make shipments. What changed between Q3 and Q4? We were not told but something happened. The inventory numbers in the notes section should be interesting to compare between 2024 SAR and AR Just for record Average NdPrO price Q3, 381 RMB WV Q4, 380 RMB that is not a rise so why the sell from inventory unless it was needed to meet promises because something happened in production. If so we should expect a nice rise in Q1. Al did not mention any problems.

So Prices down. Production down and has many unanswered questions. Yet Chem would like all of us to be buying. Makes no sense to me I hope he explains his logic soon. I may be wrong but I will not change just because he says so, He has to fill in the many blanks in his arguments.

Chem started this thread in June of 2018. I reread that post and several others since then. If you think investing on future expectations is a good idea you should do the same thing and think how much things have changed. Do what you think is best for you. please do nothing because I say so, I have been wrong in past.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.140(2.36%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.02 $6.12 $5.97 $11.52M 1.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12791 $6.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 13019 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.