Hi BTI'm biased toward SMSF's so please take my thoughts with a...

1. 165 Posts.
    Hi BT

I'm biased toward SMSF's so please take my thoughts with a grain of salt

If you're willing to take responsibility for the investment decisions, an SMSF I believe is a good way to go - and insurance / other members, all easily accommadated for

I have no experience with e-super but certainly other members sing their praises for being cheap

What I can say is though that an SMSF can offer significant strategic tax opportunities in addition to investment control etc - eg subject to existing assets you can effectively release equity to pay off personal debt (not early access - just good tax planning advice)

Re current 60k loss - if you believe you can obatain a better return today moving forward than your current provider, then the crystalised loss is of no consequence

E-super is a low cost provider but look beyond the mere cost of compliance - consider what you can do with existing investments / property / long term goals / gearing - if you want to save for retirement you can do a lot with an SMSF in addition to simple cost savings

PS - the day to day running of an SMSF is no different to how you would invest personally - it's really not hard

Good luck

MK

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.