Too right, plus if the Acct is following the rules you can't...

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Too right, plus if the Acct is following the rules you can't expect too much 'strategy' advice from them.

Without being too personal bt, do you think you have enough / need for a SMSF?

Based on a $60k loss of let's say 25%, that means you had $240k and have $180k now. If you are pretty well going to have some direct shares and index fund with largely a buy and hold strategy, have you considered just using a superannaution platform and forget the SMSF hassel?

If you could find a provider that would charge say 0.8% or less admin pa, on $180k then for 1500 bucks you can have the work done at the same standard but cheaper than a reasonable SMSF admin service. No hassles or travel or audits etc. Just concentrate on investing and spend the time research your investments. If you expect to have a few hundred grand more in the next cuple of years, then ignore the above.

This is just my opinion (and I, like MK, will declare I am biased towards SMSF's) but make sure you want to go down the SMSF path for the right reasons. Be sure to separate the investments / options from the admin side.

Cheers

Lindso

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.