Thanks very much for all your replies.In Nov 2007, I had a super...

1. 351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thanks very much for all your replies.

In Nov 2007, I had a super balance of $160k. Now its down to $102k. I was in the one of the largest retail fund managers in Australia. The performance virtualy tracked the index. I recently got a statement saying I got charged $2,200 in fees. That is too much and I am the biggest tight wad going around. And I want to very smart with my money. A SMSF is the right option for me.

I think eventually I will go with eSuper. They are the cheapest and if the posts on the forum are not bogus, and the testamonials are to be believable, everyone says they offer a good service. In the March edition, of Smart Investor, they had a comparison of SMSF fees and eSuper is the cheapest at preparing your return @$599. As an aside Smart Investor has gone downhill, I remember past editions when every page gave advice that would create real wealth.

I just have a few doubts. It is not on strategy or investing but on running a trust i.e. some of the legal aspects as written previously. So I will do more research. I suppose it is a just a vehicle to run your super. But I have to put my mind at ease (I dont trust financial planners)

Also, I will consider Lindso's advice on chasing 0.8 fee.

Thanks again everyone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.