Windows 10 update, page-18

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Director...Yes, I think Win 7 is supported through to 2020...but what happens is the manufacturers of the hardware make changes to the hardware they sell and it will no longer support some older operating systems.

I'll explain what I meant...Pretty well all motherboards at the moment still support Win 7, 8 & 10...though some will not, and some will with some additional process. With the last Gigabyte motherboard I bought, I had to preload an older systems driver to the new motherboard via a flashdrive that would then recognise the older drivers used within the Windows 7 operating system and allow the motherboard to load the Win 7 operating system.

As newer versions of software are released, newer, faster and better drivers are built in which motherboards have to recognise and accept.
    The manufacturers of hardware are all in the race to have the best and fastest chips and drivers, hence when they faze out older drivers it negates being able to load older software to newer motherboards.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.