windows servicing centre phone call is a scam

1. 662 Posts.
    I received a call over the weekend from an Indian sounding lady purporting to be from 'Windows Servicing Centre'.
    She said that users at my house (could be my children)had accessed unsecured sites and that some malware had found it's way into my computer, and that this can cause lots of problems with my hard drive, slowing it down (and yes, mine is terribly slow lately), and even perhaps wiping data from my hard drive.
    She said the Servicing Centre receives emails from Windows error reports and matches them with the IP Adress which they use to then help customers with their problems.
    She asked if I could 'please turn on your pc, and I will show you where the problems are'.

Now there is no way I am following the instructions of any random that calls my house, so I said No I would not. I asked for some verification as I did not trust her, at which point she said 'In that case I will not be able to help you' and hung up.

I checked afterwards and this is a SCAM.

Never give your details to randoms that call you, and don't follow instructions from randoms either.

Anyway, just to warn others who might get a similar phone call, as she sounded like every other Indian Professional Legitimate IT worker I have ever dealt with.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.