KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

Wine Depot Insider trading openning, page-407

1. 380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 323
    i think the reality of it is that yes- MARKET was probably a waste of time and resources given the 180 pivot to going all in on Kaddy. Saying that MARKET wasn’t a waste and that it will be used for INSIDER and some community news page is somewhat of a sugarcoating activity; as the ROI from a community page / insider is likely much much less than the anticipated roi from a national wide B2B platform.

However, imo it just shows the strength of our management team- being able to pivot to something that yields a greater return despite sunk cost is something that even the most advanced managers struggle with. Ala even at a corporate level it’s incredibly hard to cut losses and move on, sunk cost fallacy is still very very relevant despite widespread knowledge of it.

To answer your question on the tech edge- as I see it- and the foundation to my investment thesis- is that the entire DW8 ecosystem is the advantage / moat. B2B market places aren’t anything new / too greatly innovation (granted to build one from scratch is time / labour intensive), neither is a logistics business. However being able to successfully pair a logistic platform & marketplace successfully into one plug and play package is a massive deal- and it’s something that even Amazon hasn’t been able to achieve in the beverage/ food space.

The real world practical benefits that such an ecosystem delivers are enormous- and is nothing short of releasing value in the supply chain as Dean always says.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.