XJO 0.80% 7,733.7 s&p/asx 200

Wine Friday, page-3

1. 9,407 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5099
    XJO flat today +0.08%.

That bland statement “XJO flat today” hides a huge amount of information.

That’s the sort of statement we here on TV and other media outlets.

But have a look at today’s candle.  It’s coming at a relatively long, short-term down trend.  The candle is a “hammer” – which often comes at the end of a down-trend.  It’s not far off the 50-Day MA – a logical support level.

We’re starting to see some bullish activity come into the market.  Today may not be the end of this pull-back, but it is getting close.

I talked a little about the banks today – and suggested we look at some intra-day buying. Let’s have a look at the four big banks:

CBA:

CBA has been in a downtrend from early January.

Today’s candle is a doji which occurs at a major support level.

MFI is at an exceptionally level (below 20).  Below 20 is very rare.

Odds favour a move up.

ANZ:

ANZ is the best performer of the four big banks.  It shows a “hammer” candle at the support of the 50-Day MA.  That’s one of the key Moving Averages.

A bounce from here would be bullish.

NAB:

NAB is the weakest of the four big banks.  MFI is at the ZERO level for the second day in a row.  Readings at ZERO are very rare – and usually result in a rapid response to the upside.

Today it fell below the Standard Error Channel, but intra-day buying took it well above its opening price.  NAB holders should take some comfort from that action at this very low level.

WBC:

Westpac had one of the best intra-day performances today.  It opened at 28.25 but finished at 28.46.   That’s a rise of 0.84%.  Not bad.

That has occurred at a major support level.

The action of the banks today is promising.  It confirms my idea that we’d see intra-day buying today in the banks.

We need to see continuation to the upside to confirm that the banks are on recovery.

RB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.