KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

WineDepot Market, page-34

1. 194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    @Kokomo97 The value in working with Pernod Ricard would be expanding into selling their extremely large portfolio of spirits and wines. I would not be too fazed about Penfolds for now as it is pure speculation around a takeover. I would be very surprised if they announced an offer to take over treasury.

In the last company announcement we saw the introduction of Volando Group which is a local producer of Tequila on the Sunshine Coast. This along with some other spirits that we distribute shows we are not just about wine. To me, if we were to start seeing names such as Stoneleigh wines or something out of NZ (Pernod Ricard wine just like Jacobs Creek), it would signify a big step in the right direction to working side by side with such a monstrous company. I would imagine that sales of Jacobs Creek wines through DW8 at the moment would be somewhere in the millionth percentile of total sales for Jacobs Creek and Pernod Ricard. Bringing on board their other brands one by one and naturally growing DW8 sales will hopefully catch their attention.

We need to get their attention so that they see the value of our platform and what we can bring to the table. If they see the value in DW8 as a partner, there's nothing stopping an agreement being strung together around all Pernod Ricard products.They have hundreds of brands and a ridiculous amount of skus. We would likely see distribution of spirits such as Chivas Regal, Absolut, Kahlua, Malibu, Jameson etc. and even some champagnes like Mumm and Perrier Jouet. Adding champagne in my eyes would be extremely valuable for high net worth consumers, let alone businesses in the B2B space.

I guess my point is, getting more involvement in these large companies should be our target. Whether they get Penfolds to me is only a blip on the radar. All for a bit of excitable discussion though.
    Last edited by drivestor: 17/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.