XJO 0.39% 8,013.4 s&p/asx 200

wink fails at daytrading, page-80

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... the reason most individual traders end up losing (and I sure did a while back) is that the market as far as the individual trader is concerned is asymmetric in terms of information - you are always playing against loaded dice....

the market was never set up for small punters to make money - if they ever do it is purely accidental, be grateful for small wins. No, the market exists for the big players who, by their very connections, may effectively be considered insiders, they get the scoop long before half-assed punters are even aware what's happening - let's face it, it's not the capital from small punters which keeps companies alive (when we 'win' the company doesn't make a damn thing).

The real capital comes from the big end of town and of course they are given favourable deals and timely information - how would it be otherwise? why is it that only brokers are able to see exactly who's buying and selling and not everyone in the market as it should be if the playing field was level? and there's a lot more in the big guys favour....

so, fellow bottom feeders, you'd better know your place, you are the lowest in the pecking order like it or not - that's why you have to be careful and don't get overstretched - though I never took my own advice and have learned some very hard, very expensive lessons.....

if you can learn from others then you are a rarity - most need to savour the loss of a big chunk of their own money before the real learning takes place....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.