XJO 0.48% 7,785.1 s&p/asx 200

WinkGood stuff as always although I had to rush reading.Why?Mr...

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Wink

Good stuff as always although I had to rush reading.

Why?

Mr Murphy has been belting me and I'm sure its just because its a long weekend when its impossible to get things fixed.

Got up at 4:00 yesterday to drive most of the way to Sydney and back to bring my daughter home.

Market was rallying and would have loved to have traded to the close but had to exit most positions as it looked too dangerous to leave position unwatched.

Cost me money of course.

Turned on the TV when I got up and it blew up.

When I got home I grabbed an older smaller TV and plugged it in and it blew up.

Borrowed and old TV from a mate and of course couldn't tune it properly. After a visit from him and a couple of hours trying it now works.

Last night my daughter mentioned there was a problem with the wifes computer. The missus had be complaining for a while but I hadn't got round to looking at it.

Seems somehow she or something removed her anti virus software and she had a trojan virus. Have reinstalled software and at first it seemed it was too late and reinstall was likely. After various attempts the problem may be solved but time will tell.

My wife and daughter were leaving to take a 3 day trip to Broken Hill and I got my daughters car (which was here) serviced last week and asked them to check out the bit of a squeel in the fan belt.

Yep, they replaced two belts and after I said goodbaye to them this morning they were back in 10 mins. When the missus tried to turn the steering wheel at the servo when she got petrol she could hardly turn the steering wheel.

Yep, they left the power steering belt too loose and in fact it inverted so the the ribbed side was up instead of down. So no power steering.

There is no local NRMA here and besides he wouldn't have been able to fix it as it needed to be done on a hoist.

The missus and daughter had to be in Broken Hill by Wednesday latest as the daughter had to then fly back to Sydney to see a doctor post surgery. Wasn't looking good.

The only good thing is that living in a small town I had the nerve to ring the mechanic at 8am on a Sunday and he opened up 30 mins later to look at it. Despite his hangover he eventually fixed the belt and they left only about one and a half hours late.

My computer that has my best charting has been sick and now seems about to die so I will be spending at least the next several days trying to install it on my new machine with a 4 gadget connection through a USB port to use a doongle.

The chances are remote and the software gets harder and harder to install with each new computer.

SO this is my last post for probably several days and it is likely that when my wife returns I will be in a corner quivering and muttering about Murphy's law or someone using voodoo magic against me.

What has this to do with Wink's waffle? Nothing but it helped a little to tell the story and just maybe I don't self destruct.

As you all party tomorrow think of me slaving away, and my neighbours making snide remarks about me not attending the street party they are having.

Looks like I will be sent to coventry till eternity.

It just ain't fair.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.