I asked a bloke at a game of pennant’s lawn bowls back when my...

1. 28,879 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    I asked a bloke at a game of pennant’s lawn bowls back when my first born was one year old “How long before I’m free from all the worries of being a parent and having to be responsible for his happiness”?

His reply was I’m only 79 years old so I can’t tell you but ask Terry, He’s 85.

Terry was “quick with good hearing” and before I could even turn my head a fraction he said “I’ve got a 62 year old daughter who still causing he anxiety”.

I may just be paraphrasing the last bit.

The first born was planned and is only a few months from being able to pick me up a refreshing afternoon/evening drink and being a glutton for punishment we got another 2 from 3 attempts.

I agree with what you posted but I would add that by spreading the risk over 3 kids increases the number of days you can claim the Lottery of Life title.
    Touchwood, we’ve had a reasonable run so far but Old Terry’s personal wisdom still rings in my ears.

Life’s a lucky dip for the most part and previous good fortunes are not guaranteed in the following fiscal year

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.