Winston Churchill quotes, page-26

1. 81,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    please use the reply to button benson - there would be some that think you are hiding, just wanting the last word without being challenged -- of course, I would never think that --

so - here's just one tidbit - I suggest you read a lot more because Churchill got done over quite a bit

“ What Harry and Geo. Marshall will tell you about has my heart & mind in it. Your people & mine demand the establishment of a front to draw off pressure on the Russians, & these peoples are wise enough to see that the Russians are today killing more Germans & destroying more equipment than you and I put together. Even if full success is not attained, the big objective will be.

Though couched in the president’s informal style, this short and simple message was about grand strategy at the highest level. It marked the opening shot in what would become a long and complex war of words between the Americans and British on the navature and timing of a second front in Western Europe.”
    h“ At the Tehran Conference in November 1943, Roosevelt and Marshalldug in, ably supported by Stalin, and Churchill had to very grudgingly accept the curtailment of his Mediterranean strategy.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/milita...rchill-really-against-the-d-day-invasion/amp/

have a read of history friend ------ ask questions that your bias will not like you to ask

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.