NHC 1.07% $4.73 new hope corporation limited

@Tully8282.good find. Besides estimated $ 100M Ebitda in August,...

1. 79 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    @Tully8282.good find. Besides estimated $ 100M Ebitda in August, NHC is targeting higher production at its Bengalla mine which has the lowest production cost (in first quartile on the global seaborne curve), excellent.

In same article "Macquarie calculates the New Hope share price is currently pricing in a thermal coal price of US$95/t, well below spot. At spot prices net asset valuations increase around 200% to a heady $5.15 a share": Note the article is dated Sept 22 and spot prices have increased since.. Also remember that mgmt indicated that some customers signed contracts for next year at prices higher than current spot ones...

For info .data on Sept. 27 about India showed that 101 coal-fired plants have stockpiles worth less than eight days of coal burn, with as many as 89 plants left with four or lesser days of coal burn. India waited for too long to start restocking, thinking that prices would soon correct. They now find themselves blindsided by both high prices and lack of supply.
    Indonesian coal supply cant help much right now following heavy rains that dampened production, some mines declaring force majeure and output falling by 10%-40% in other mines.

There was also talks of substitution with nuclear energy : To my knowledge it takes many years (around a decade nowadays ) to get a new nuclear plant approved and built in developed countries and the bill is v v high. Delays are very common.
    If i recall well in Europe, especially in Germany they have moved away from nuclear so a reversal is highly unlikely. Germany already closed 11 of its plants and the last 6 will close by end 2022.To be precise 3 will close by Dec this year and the last 3 by Dec 2022. In the UK nuclear generates 17% of electricity but half of the plants will close within the next few years .A new plant Hinkley Point C is being built at a staggering cost of $ 22B., slated to open in ..2026, .the first in decades. France is the outlier with nuclear generating 70% of electricity but with a declining production . It closed one plant last year and 14 reactors will close in the coming years..France and Germany have even been forced to reopen some coal powered plants !I
    Coal prices are going to remain high for quite some time. I ll just sit back and see NHC make bumper profits.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.73
Change
0.050(1.07%)
Mkt cap ! $3.998B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.71 $4.74 $4.69 $10.05M 2.131M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 17370 $4.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.74 72980 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.74
  Change
0.050 ( 0.88 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.71 $4.74 $4.69 798507
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.