Winter on the Sunny Coast

1. 1,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 781
    Inspired by a few other folks sharing their great pics I thought I would do the right thing and share what I captured in the last few weeks... It's been great boating weather up this way of late... light offshore winds and tiny/minimal swell.  Mate had a week off work so we did a few days fishing offshore on his boat & took the camera gear along for the ride.

Day 1 just hanging around Noosa Heads & a few fishing spots incl. Hall's Reef then off A-bay & Sunshine >> magic day

DJI_0527edit1 copy.jpg   

DJI_0519 copy.jpg

Saw a bunch of playful dolphins hanging around two jetski fisherman nearby then when we headed back closer to shore they just cruised along next to the boat and under the bow.

IMG_8048.PNG

2nd day did the 1hr trek up the coast from Noosa to Double Island / Rainbow bay which was pretty special given no one was around except the wildlife  and picturesque scenery.

DI2.jpg

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this down below...

sandspit1copy.jpg

Not a bad spot to fire up the onboard barbie with gourmet burgers for lunch...
    Rainbow1.jpg

Made our way back around DI side as the westerly wind was picking up... spotted a lone whale splashing around right next to the headland which seems a bit early in the season... maybe they decided to make a run for it before the late May arctic blast...? We then we cruised in closer to the beach to take a few more pics with the bird and spotted these fellas nearby....

DJI_0291 copy.jpg

sitting just behind the (small) breakers 100m off the shore taking in the serenity...

DJI_0284 copy.jpg

Then about 100m out from us a group of 3 humpbacks cruised past heading south which was a bit strange.  Looked like mum, dad and a youngin.  They pretty much followed us for 20-30mins putting on a show, we would cruise ahead then stop to let them come past keeping our distance.

humpback1.jpg

Oh yeah we caught a few fish but nothing overly exciting... quite a few busted lines when the big ones jumped on, unfortunately couldn't get them in the boat happy days either way

IMG_8013.JPG
    Last edited by BytheHorns: 18/06/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.