Withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership - Donald Trump executive order signed, page-76

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    I doubt Trump even knows how to spell 'doctrine', but he seems to follow gut feelings in the U.S. to begin looking after number one, to stop involvement in foreign policies, because lets face it, these interventions haven't been successful in years, except made money for the weapons manufacturers.
    This thread is very interesting, I learnt a lot, for once there is not as much sniping as usual.
    I was also amazed to see on the news today that negotiations are taking place in Kazaksthan (Astana?) with Syria and all war participants, minus the U.S. - and it seems there is a certain war weariness and a willingness to negotiate happening.
    So Trump definitely follows the general mood - and, yes, the Monroe doctrine is being resurrected, but hasn't the U.S. always been thus? They were literally dragged into both WWI and WWII, but since WWII they have been involved in many wars/conflicts, mostly unsuccesfully, so its obviously time to step back from costly failure.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.